Wednesday, 30 April 2008
Thought I'd keep a log of my running for the last couple of months:
Total Kms: 63.36
Total Calories: 6838
Average Pace: 5.35
Total Time: 5:53:20
Total Kms: 90.91
Total Calories: 9799
Average Pace: 5.33
Total Time: 8:25:17
I've been training up for an improved 10Km time (50 minutes) using this program. I'm currently at 51:57 for the 10K so not too far to go now.
Could do with warmer mornings, though.
Monday, 28 April 2008
Inspired by Troy's post here, I wish to add my own complaints about crappy language, focusing on pronunciation:
- O becomes U eg Uh-lympics or a Biggest Loser influenced Uh-limination and all policemen are not Constables
- S becomes Sh eg Telshtra. I blame Liz Shmiley, the Exshtra shpruiking exsh-tennish player with "the great tashte that really lashtsh".
- S disappears altogether eg and especially Specifically becomes pacifically.
Wednesday, 2 April 2008
* How boring am I? I had a rare 1/2 hour to myself at work so I worked out my tax return for this coming June.
* A new season of AFL has begun, so make sure you head on over to Football Invective for all your fixins.
* And Eaglesflyinghigh.com for all the pain an Eagles fan can bear.
* And Aftergrog.blog for all the pain a Melbourne fan can bear.
* W00T$$ - sold our first thing on flea-bay. Now to clear out the rest of the house. And no, dear, you may not sell any of my guitars.
* Youtube goodness, cause I need a laugh:
Cheezits! Cheezits! Cheezits! Cheezits!
* 2BarRiff is running in the ASICS Gel Bridges fun run this weekend. First person to spot me and introduce themselves wins breakfast at McDonalds with the 2BarHousehold straight afterwards.As you may be able to tell, it's been busy and tough the last couple of weeks so I haven't put much as much energy into blogging. Work is going freakin' nuts (I have two 'Acting' job titles, in addition to my normal one at the moment) but still in a good way. And another relative died this last week, not extremely close but enough to suck out whatever wind was in the sails.
No wonder I drink alcohol.