Friday 5 June 2009

I hate looking for work.

Probably the worst part of looking for work occurs at what should be the best time: A job is offered and I need to decide to take it or not.

This is when the second guessing occurs. What if something better is just around the corner? Should I hang out for more money? Does this job have an exit strategy in case it all turns pear shaped?

The job I'm looking at is is in an industry that I would LURVE to work in. But it is at around $25K a year less than I was earning, and no car. Sacrificing the $$ for personal satisfaction is all well and good, it's just the other 3 humans in the house that I also need to think about. We're risking music lessons, ballet, sports, movies, luxuries etc. just so I can hang with the kewl people.

Sigh.

The second guessing is killing me.

4 comments:

Blandwagon said...

Probably the worst part of looking for work occurs at what should be the best time: A job is offered and I need to decide to take it or not.

Yep, that certainly is the worst part of being unemployed.

2BarRiff said...

Maybe I should have added 'for me'.

Blandwagon said...

Fair enough. I think I was in a weird mood yesterday, hence my snarky comment and also the uncharacteristically lewd post on my own blog.

2BarRiff said...

Heh, it wasn't that lewd although my comment didn't help :)