Wednesday 4 July 2007

Fitness and Motivation

(Last one for tonight, before the G&T wears off).

So I have managed to reduce my weight from an average of just over 105 kgs to just under 95 kgs. This was done over an 18 month period via a 3 step process involving exercise, added fiber and a bit of diet control that I'll go into on a later post - when I get the motivation :-)

If I had to pick an ideal weight, it would be to get under 90kgs. Why? Because I'd like to be eighty something kgs. Really.

So what's the problem? It seems that my current regime has reached an endgame. It's now good for maintenance at the 95kg mark (much like the do nothing regime kept me at 105kg) but little else. I am not going to reduce weight (and the size of the belly) by keeping on doing this.

Which, when we go deeper and think about the goal again, leads me to conclude that I just don't want to do the work. I will have to modify the diet even more, achieve more consistency in my exercise and basically stop with the snacking! Arrrgghh! DON'T WANNA DO! So, in Tony Robbins talk - the pain of adjusting my routine is greater than the pleasure I will get from achieving my weight goal.

Solutions? None right now, I'm afraid. Maybe I'll feel better once winter passes and spring appears.

1 comment:

Madame2Bar said...

Just imagine the extra weight you would lose doing a few laps in a heated swimming pool each day!!!!