Monday 9 July 2007

School Holidays.

Today is the first day of school holidays and so far we are doing fine. I said the kids didn't need to have a quiet time today as it is holidays and could play to their hearts content. This was going fine until 1:30pm when the Bomb lost it. Princess could do nothing right according to him so she decided to wind him up. Well the silly talk and tears that streamed out of my baby was amazing. Princess found this highly amusing and kept winding and winding. They were fighting over the blue skipping rope which was sooooo much better than the rainbow rope. I suggested to Bomb he might like a quiet time as he wasn't behaving very well and he said 'Yes Mummy I'm tired!' More tears and snot but a huge monkey cuddle. He was asleep within minutes in bed. I forget he's only three and a half and more than two days without a quiet time he just can't handle it. Poor poppet! I wonder how he is going to go next year in Kindy. I guess the same as the Princess went when she started, Ok! They are hardy little critters.
I had a quiet chat with the Princess about helping Mummy with the Bomb and sharing. Don't ask me how I got to be skipping with the blue skipping rope for the next 30 minutes!! Hope tomorrow is better as we go to see their Opa for his birthday. Oma and Opa are cooking for a church camp in a town down south. It's about a 2 hour drive and it's freezing down there.

No comments: