Thursday 12 July 2007

Pooling our resources

Last night we had the man come to measure our backyard and give a quote for a swimming pool. Our main reason for wanting a swimming pool is not for the enjoyment of swimming in summer or how the kids will love it but it's to get rid of the grass. We have cooch in both the front and back. It would have to be the most annoying grass there is. We would weed and clip back the edges one week and in a few weeks it would all be back. My husband and I are not gardening types and have no interest in maintaining a garden.

So the plan out the back is to install a swimming pool and pave the whole backyard. This is a 150 square meters. The pool is 7.65m long and 3.7m wide. This will leave a nice area to put outdoor furniture and plenty of room for traffic. If we want any greenery we would put pot plants around on wheels so we can have different look when it suited us.

Now this all sounded great but I've spent the night worrying if we should do it or not. That is so typical. 2Bar also wants a pool so I didn't have to talk him into it too much but I feel kinda responsible. It is a big decision and quite a bit of money. I think I'm just freakin out at the moment.

2 comments:

2BarRiff said...

Personally, I would be worried if you wanted to spend that kind of money WITHOUT freaking out.

2BarRiff said...

BTW, the title of this post comes from certain people posting entries without titles, leaving other certain people to title them with the worst pun they can think of.

Apparently it's a law or something :-)