Wednesday 11 July 2007

Adventure Plus!

Our short trip down south turned into a great adventure!! We drove down to see Opa for his birthday and had a lovely few hours with him. When we were leaving I thought it would be a great idea to continue further down south to see my parents who were holidaying in their caravan. This was about another 3 hour drive! So I rang 2Bar and told him what I wanted to do and if it was OK . He had a business dinner to attend and said go for it. So we did!!

My parents were thrilled we were coming down. They went out and bought sleeping bags for us and the friends they were with had camping beds. So we stayed over night and slept in their annexe! Apart from the fact it was about minus 2 last night we had a blast. Pancakes, cereal, bacon, eggs, tomato and toast for breakfast. Yum! (I think Mum was missing me and the kids!) We had a quick look at a winery and playground then drove home. Fantastic!

Would you like to know my secret to quiet kids in the car for 4 and a half hours?? A portable DVD player and a good mix of DVDs. Bliss! I had what music i wanted to listen to and no one telling me my singing was awful. (The singing in the back was hilarious as the kids had headphones on. So off key!) I must admit I am now quite tired and a man is coming to give a quote for our new swimming pool and landscaping for the backyard. Quite exciting. I am definitely NOT cooking dinner tonight!

What a great adventure. Must do it again!

1 comment:

2BarRiff said...

And I got 6 straight hours of sleep. W00t!!!!!