Friday 20 July 2007

No Boots for me!

Madame2Bar.minti.com
Awww well!! The idea today was to go shopping for a pair of knee high boots and some clothes. But forces were against me! My poor Princess came down with a temperature of 39.5 degrees, coughing and lethargy all yesterday afternoon. At first I didn't take much notice and told her to lie down thinking she was just whingey but when 2Bar came home and felt her she was 39.5! Just hand me the award for bad mother of the year right now!!!! Poor kid!

In Perth we've had 3 children die of these symptoms in the past 2 weeks. We've had warnings from the health department if your child exhibits any of these symptoms get them to a doctor or hospital. Now the children that died were all under 4 years old so Princess being 6 1/2 we weren't sure if we should rush off. The nurses on the Health direct line were fabulous and very thorough. Because she wasn't limp and alert enough to answer my questions they said we should monitor her through the night and if she deteriorates then take her to hospital.

Thank the Lord she didn't! She still had a temperature of 38 degrees this morning so I took her to the doctors and was given the same advice. If she deteriorates take her to hospital. I don't usually bother with going to the doctors when the kids have colds or fevers because the answer is usually the same 'It's viral there's nothing you can give them but panadol and keep their fluids up.' But this time with the combination of influenza A and bacteria infection going around I wasn't going to risk it. We now have to wait and see if the Bomb comes down with anything.

My shopping trip is on the back burner as I keep the Princess home from Oma & Opa's house. The Bomb has gone and is no doubt having a ball having them all to hisself. Never mind, the shoes and clothes I'm sure will still be there when I go next time.

3 comments:

Icy said...

Sorry to hear your daughter is sick! I'm sure you'll find fabulous boots later ^_^

Madame2Bar said...

Thank you Icy!I hate it when the kids are sick, I feel quite helpless and want to take the sickness from them on to myself. Being a parent is such a rollercoaster of emotions.

2BarRiff said...

You want to know why you didn't get to go boot & clothes shopping?

It's because I WAS SUPPOSED TO TAKE YOU!!

Seriously, of all the husbands in the world, how many would offer to accompany, and fund, their wife on a clothes shopping trip?

None! That's how many! You ignored the offer and have seriously upset some powerful forces and now it's our daughter paying the price.

Don't fool with things you don't understand dear. DON'T FOOL WITH THEM!