Thursday 19 July 2007

Where has a nice coffee gone?

I thought I would take the children out today for a nice train ride into the city, have some lunch and come home for a quiet time. I knew I was headed for disaster when I woke up and it was raining! But the Bomb and Princess were excited and still wanted to go, so I gave in.

They misbehaved at our first stop in Medicare, on the train ride Bombs volume was turned up to maximum and the Princess needed glue to stick her to the seat. I was a bit frazzled by the time we got into the city. (Train ride about 15mins AHHHH!) We went to a food hall for lunch and I needed a coffee by then. I used to be a big coffee drinker before I had children but now i only have coffee when I'm stressed. So the kids had the Little Red Rooster meals and I had a latte from Aroma cafe. You think I would have had at least 15 to 20 minutes to enjoy my latte hey! My kids wolfed down a cheesburger, 3 nuggets, chips and a milk drink in about 5 minutes. My latte was still boiling hot! Then as always Bomb needed to wee and Princess needed a poo. I hope other parents go through synchronized toilet visits at meal times. Or I should say when Mum wants to eat!!

Regarding my latte, unless it is because I am predominately a tea drinker now, I haven't tasted a coffee of late which tastes nice. They all seem to taste very burnt and it doesn't matter how much sugar or milk you put in it still isn't an enjoyable experience. The only coffee I can say I enjoy is a frappe from Muzz Buzz or an ice coffee or dare shall I say it International Roast with the milk and sugar mixed in before the hot water! That will probably offended many coffee drinkers!

Well the kids made it back alive and are now in for quiet time. I was going to have a quiet time also but am now to awake from the coffee. AHHHHH! I did manage to stop at Dusk the candle shop and buy myself a 50hour burning scented candle. The scent is Santorini and is heavenly! The kids are off to Oma & Opa's tomorrow for a wonderful action packed day. While I'm off to do some boots and clothes hunting. Watch out credit card!!!!

5 comments:

Téa said...

It is really hard to find god coffee -- I agree with you!

So far Muzz Buzz' lattes come pretty close, but every so often I get a bad one and it ruins my life.

I still live and survive on coffee, though, so am grumpy if its not the way I like it ;)

Madame2Bar said...

Too true it can ruin your day. I would have like one highlight for the day!

2BarRiff said...

One highlight for the day?

You mean besides me coming home from work?

2BarRiff said...

Aww 2Bar thats always a highlight!

Madame2Bar said...

Opps! used wrong sign in. Hahaha!
Talking talking to yourself again huh! Hehehe