Tuesday 14 August 2007

Pool Update

I haven't had time of late to write much here and I didn't want to be insensitive to 2Bar as he is having a hard time at the moment. The pool is still going ahead and I have been busily ripping out and replanting our many numerous bushes, agapanthas and shrubs and relocating them to the front yard. I've had ball! As I've said before I'm not much of a gardener but by crikey I've loved every moment of ripping it all out.

Our bobcat operator Adrian (a lovely Irish man) has finished digging out the cooch and leveling the backyard ready for the pool hole to be dug out. Here is what it looks like now.


Just glorious! No grass or bushes just lovely neat dirt! The kids are having a ball. The Bomb thinks it's one lovely big sandpit and The Princess is enjoying getting dirty. Who is that girl???

Have a look at the Ponytail palm that 2Bar and I dug out of the ground. It's beautiful but it was hard work digging and pulling it out! I am told they are very expensive especially at this size so I hope we haven't killed it.



So now the finance has gone through and the backyard is cleared it's just a matter of waiting for the shire to approve our request for the pool, which will take take between 4 to 6 weeks. How many other people are applying for a pool in this shire that it takes so long???? Anyway, then the pool people set an installation date, they inspect the site and confirm where we want the pool to be put. It's so exciting!

2BarRiff notes: Click here to see the 'before' shot.

No comments: