Saturday 8 September 2007

While I'm on my high horse ...

The state of the education system. Oh yeah, you just knew it was bound to come sooner or later.

In between showers, the kids and I were playing out the front. The Princess insisted I play some skipping rope games with her and so, naturally, I caved in and played some skipping rope with her.

She went first and wanted to do 'Cinderella' so, intrigued, I let her go and she came out with this abomination:

Cinderella
Dressed in yella
Went upstairs to kiss a fella
Made a mistake

Kissed a snake

How many doctors did it take?

One, two, three ...

Appalling! What's next? HollaBack Girl?

So, as any good father would do, I reached into the classics and came up with this one which works exellently with a double-tap.

The time has come, the walrus said
To talk of many things.

Of shoes - and ships - and sealing wax

Of cabbages and kings

And why the sea is boiling hot

and whether pigs have wings.


Honestly, if that Cindrella crap is what passes for poetry in today's schools I think all hope is lost.

(For the record, I won with 11 doctors)

No comments: